Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Winter Wonderland



Winter Wonderland by Gabriel

In the front garden there was a pathway covered in a blanket of snow and a snowman with charcoal eyes and buttons. The snowman was as white as the clouds, but his nose had the orange stripes of a tiger. Covered in snow was a glamorous Christmas tree, it had beautiful lights with an amber glow. I gazed at the snowman's torn ragged hat and homemade woolen scarf that had red and green stripes on it. On the gate was a wonderful wreath that was tied neatly. Carefully the snowman held some birds with his wooden arm. I started to approach the old wooden cottage and I heard joyful laughs every few minutes. While I trudged through the gate I could hear my own crunching feet. Longingly gazing at the cottage was the snowman, wishing to be nice and cozy. Strolling along I thought this truly is a winter wonderland.

Winter Wonderland by Sarah

In the night, I saw the stars slowly gazing upon me. The cloud white snowman wore a red and lime knitted scarf and glistened like a diamond. I could smell the scent of smoke rising through the chimney. The trees without their green finery were creaking noisily like they were about to fall down. Beautifully, the majestic fairy lights glowed from the house, whilst the moon shone on the glistening snow. It really was a winter wonderland.  

Winter Wonderland by Niko

Under my feet the bone-chilling snow crunched. The only light was either from the houses or the amber street lights. The aroma of roasted turkey filled the air as I got closer to the houses. Out of nowhere, I saw a big gritter truck gritting and clearing away the snow. The snow melted like candle wax. Every now and again I would hear laughing and shouts of joy. There was also a snowman standing sadly on the white blanket of snow. He was longingly gazing into the nice, warm toasty house. It was the most joyful night filled with laughter and joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment