Thursday, December 20, 2018

The Long Journey

We used this fantastic advert from John Lewis to inspire some creative writing.



The Long Journey by Eliza

At the stroke of midnight I left my lady love as the brightly lit Christmas reminded me I needed a present for her.

The next morning, a load of wooly sheep came charging at me like a huge cloud travelling at 1oo miles per hour. 

Eventually, I found myself in a forest. Inch by inch, I weaved around the trees that were standing like soldiers on parade.

Almost instantly, I was faced with an intimidating mountan. Trembing with fear, I climbed carefully. 

Hours later,  I arrived in the city centre with people and their overloaded bags swarming in and out of the shops like bees. Happily, I stood there smiling. 

Desperately tired, I trudged home to give my gift to my glamorous love. Before long, she was in a new red hat and a polka dot scarf. I knew my long journey had been worth it to see her smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment